To provide facilities for eradication of cataract blindness in Aurangabad, Arwal, Gaya, Patna, Kaimur & Rohtas Districts of Bihar State.
- To provide free of cost cataract surgeries for 5,000 poor old persons with IOL implant.
- To provide them all the necessary medicines and post operative as well as after care services
- To create conditions to promote the cause and care of neglected poor elderly persons.
- To promote eye health prevention awareness, conduct eye tests, provide simple treatment and referral services
operationalising vision centres.
- To facilitate integration of atleast 40% of the cataract surgery beneficiaries to the Governmental Social Protection Schemes for further support to them.
- A total of 5,000 poor old persons regaining their lost vision
- Other poor old persons provided eye test facilities in the vision centres to be run by DORD in the target area.
- The cause and care of the poor and neglected elderly persons brought in the focus
- The society, community and families mobilized to come into action to mitigate the sufferings of the elderly persons.
- The community members introduced to the facilities available with the implementing agency to be able to reach the benefits to other elderly persons, too.
- The organisational experience and capability increased to provide eye care services to the elderly beneficiaries.
- At least 40% of the 5,000 cataract surgery beneficiaries integrated with Governmental Social Production Schemes to their sustained support.