CHILDLINE 1098, Aurangabad is working with vision to create a child-friendly district that guarantees the rights and protection of all children.We are running CHILDLINE 1098, Aurangabad through CHILDLINE INDIA FOUNDATION(CIF), who is the Nodal Agency of the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development acting as the parent organization for setting up, managing and monitoring the CHILDLINE 1098 service all over the country.
CHILDLINE 1098, service is a 24 hour free Emergency Phone Outreach Service for children in need of care and protection. CIF undertake replication of CHILDLINE, networking and facilitation, training research and documentation, and Communications and Strategic Initiatives both the national and international level.
DORD Role in CHILDLINE
DORD has been working in the programme as a ‘Collaborative Organisation’in Aurangabad district of Bihar. DORD shall functions as the Call Centre for CHILDLINE. It has been working 24 hour and respond to calls that are received on the 1098 CHILDLINE service. The collaborative organization is provided with a CentreCoordinatorwho manage a team of 8Person that respond to calls and intervene in emergency cases.
The role and function of CHILDLINE collaborative organization is as under:
- Responding to calls received on the CHILDLINE 1098 on a 24/7 basis.
- City mapping to identify high risk areas where vulnerable children are found
- Intervention and case follow- up on a daily basis.Awareness and outreach in the community on a daily basis.
- Monthly open house with children who are users of the CHILDLINE service and to understand issues that concern them
- Internal meetings once a week to discuss cases and follow up.
- Set-up and coordinate activities and meeting of the CHILDLINE Advisory Board in locations where a nodal organization is absent.
Child Protection Issues
- Abuse & Violence
- Child Labour
- Conflict with Law
- Child Marriage
- Without Parental Care
- Street Children
- Birth Registration
- Armed Conflicts
- Drug Abuse
- Girl Child
- HIV – AIDS
- Missing Children